DATES OF THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION (CORRECTED)
Dates of the Abomination of Desolation Spoken of by Daniel and by Jesus
An hypothesis of Dr Galen Currah based upon the Greek sources of Daniel, of Maccabees, of Jesus and of Josephus
Bible quotations from the New Revised Standard Version (1989).
Quotations from The Works of Flavius Josephus (1828) based on the translation by William Whiston
Music by Natrix
The prophet Daniel foresaw two desolations: the desolation of the temple under Antiochus (165/166 BCE) and the desolation of Jerusalem and the temple (66-73 CE).
● The prophet Daniel lived and prophesied in the 6th century BCE.
● The Book of Daniel reports Daniel’s prophecies.
● The apocryphal Book of 1 Maccabees recounts true events of the 2nd century BCE.
● The canonical Gospels of the New Testament report true teachings of Jesus Christ.
● The writings of Flavius Josephus recount true events of the 1st century CE.
Daniel’s Greek-era prophecy of desolation
Fulfillment of the Greek-era prophecy (167/8 – 162/3 BCE)